[Dixielandjazz] Jazz? Tunes or Language?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:50:29 PDT 2007

Hello Pat,
Can't find anything "emotion (or anything else) stimulating" in either
Coltrane or Davis.  The former I mostly find ubearable, the latter -
mostly boring (even on those old Parker records).  "Unstructured"
language would cease being language, wouldn't it?  And as to emotion
stimulating - gee, when I listen to Louis, BG (my all-time favourite),
Lester Young, Bud Freeman, they definitely stimulate my emotions!
Support live jazz.
Cheers