[Dixielandjazz] Abe Lincoln in parody

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 9 13:25:01 PDT 2007

The lyrics I'm thinking of are a perfect fit for "old gray bonnet"

Let's have a good time thinkin' about Abraham Lincoln....

or something really similar.  I've heard them done in Cleveland and in St
Louis, at the old Ragtime Festival, and I don't think it was by a
Clevelander at the Fest.  (Only ones I ever saw there were Sister Jean and
Laundry Fats).

Somewhere, someone knows these lyrics...the only Lincoln content is that
first line, so it's not REALLY about Lincoln at all.

c'mon, ye mouldy figs...

steve