[Dixielandjazz] Cell Block Name change

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 7 20:13:47 PDT 2007

     I don't think i can top Brother Logsdon's entry, but how about these:

The Cenobite Seven Less Two
Pains in the Apse
Cellarer Bloc Seven
The Seven Jubilarians
The Testy Monials (for an all-female band)
The Roman Canticles

Lots more words pertaining to churches may be found at:
http://phrontistery.info/church.html

     Dan

P. S.  Even more off-topic, in two weeks a little polka band i'm in
here in Austin will be taking another trip to beautiful downtown
Eldorado (pronounced el-dor-AY-do), which (if it's location doesn't
exactly spring to the forefront of your consciousness) is about 44
miles south of San Angelo, Texas (i know that pinpoints it for you
now).  Because Eldorado is the site of the splinter-sect of the
Mormons (more accuately, the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints) and believes in plural marriage, we have thought
about temporarily renaming our band the Polygamists Temperance Band.
Ambrose Bierce: "POLYGAMY, n.  A house of atonement, or expiatory
chapel, fitted with several stools of repentance, as distinguished
from monogamy, which has but one."  Oscar Wilde: "Bigamy is having
one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**             "O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
**                     -- St. Augustine (354-430)