[Dixielandjazz] Different strokes for different folks

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 18:11:29 PDT 2007

Excerpt from an interview with drummer Steve Smith, from "groove notes", the
on line monthly from Jazz Improv Magazine. Interview was a few months ago.
The "Buddy" he refers to is Buddy Rich. May be of interest to those who
march to the beat of a different drummer.

The DVD sounds like fun.

start excerpt -

You know I have the Jazz Legacy Band which was previously Buddy's Buddies.
Another thing that I'm doing is a DVD that we have already filmed - a
brushes DVD - with Adam Nussbaum Ben Riley, Billy Hart, Eddie Locke, Joe
Morello, Charlie Persip then Adam and myself, seven drummers. It's an
interesting concept in that everyone played to same pre-recorded tracks.
It's going to come out in September, A Brush With Greatness.

end excerpt -

Cheers,
Steve Barbone