[Dixielandjazz] Goldenrod going up in smoke soon

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Wed Oct 31 17:20:30 PDT 2007

Kampsville is 25 miles north of Pere Marquette State Park on the Illinois
River and 47 miles North of Alton Ill.  Its on the "island" so you have to
take a ferry.  It's not actually an island but that's what most people call
the peninsula between the Mississippi and the Illinois rivers.  The only
practical way on is to take one or two ferry's.
I wonder why they hauled it there?  There are many tie up points from Alton
North.  One more or less derelict barge wouldn't make any difference since
there seems to be a lot already.  Maybe there is a salvage yard there.
Larry
St.L