[Dixielandjazz] Yank Lawson on Fazola

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 31 14:38:48 PDT 2007

  ROBERT R. CALDER wrote [in part]: The taciturn Mr. Lawson disapproved
of Fazola's Latin diet. "Yeah, he used to eat all that stuff,"  said
Yank. Who continued drily and of course briefly with a reference to the
great clarinetist's continuous (un-)fragrance. Are there any references
to a Pancho Villa having an . . .   aura????

Dear Robert
John Chilton, in his Bob Crosby book 'Stomp Off, Let's Go!', makes
several references to Fazola's eating habits and '(un-)fragrance'.
Unfortunately, I can't find any written references to Pancho Villa,
other than the two quoted in my overlong email.
I wish I did.
Kind regards,
Bill.