[Dixielandjazz] CD Mailers

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 30 08:11:52 PDT 2007

Hi Bob:

I get my CD mailers in bulk at "Staples" a chain office supply store, or my
local office supply store, Rubensteins. Use #0 padded mailer which will
accommodate 1 or 2 CDs. Cost is less than 35 cents each, can't remember
exactly, having bought a case a couple of months ago.

But cost is really insignificant since it is factored into my CD selling
price. At local Record Stores, College Bookstores, CD Baby, Jazz Society
sales tables, etc., my CDs sell for $14.97. I sell them a gigs for $15.

On my own mail orders, I sell them for $15 + $2.50 shipping & handling.
Since the shipping is less than $1.50, and the mailer cost is less than 35
cents and the post office picks up my mail at my RDF mailbox, the mailer
cost is a non-issue.

And when I ship in Bulk to CD Baby and other resellers, I just cut down the
30 count box I got them in to 10 and re-tape it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone