[Dixielandjazz] Valve Trombone Needed

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Tue Oct 23 09:28:56 PDT 2007

Yes, I play an Olds marching bone, shaped like a big fat trumpet, played
with a bone mouthpiece, has the feel of a trumpet and the sound of a bone. I
have several of them that I found on eBay. They don't look great but they're
fine old horns. NO trouble with the valves or tuning slides, easy to play,
nice tone.

Search on eBay for "marching trombone", but they sometimes call them
"flugabones". If all else fails, I'll sell him one of mine. It will have to
come from Israel, but I'm coming to LA in December and I could get one that
far. I'm sure we could arrange for the rest of the journey. I had mine
serviced by The Band Room when I bought them, so other than the finish,
which is old but not terrible, they're in good playing condition. Price
would be about $400.

Elazar Brandt
Doctor Jazz Dixieland Band
Tekiya Brass Ensemble