[Dixielandjazz] Larry wants to be freed!

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 13:19:07 PDT 2007

I doubt the Belkin, or any other FM transmitter, would give you enough clarity and lack of interference to satisfy you, Larry.  They're made for less intense use, such as a Walkman-or iPod- type thing to a car stereo.  The FM bands aren't stable enough, IMO, to be trusted.

  I also guess I'm not totally sure of what you're looking for...something to go wireless to the speakers?  Those do exist, as wireless speakers, but again, the quality I've experienced doesn't really satisfy me.

As for mics, well, you'd have to move the mic away from your mouth to play, no matter what.  It probably would pick up some mouthpiece noise, certainly it would pick up buzzing from a brass mouthpiece.  Besides, you can't put a sax in your mouth if the mic is directly in front, which it needs to be, all but eating it.

steve