[Dixielandjazz] Recording in NO

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 22 18:34:11 PDT 2007

Hello all

I'm getting old - I'd forgotten about Bill's and my 6 hour effort  :-)

Actually, we played more than jazz and blues - we also included gospel,
cajun, popular song, preaching and country music.

Some absolute gems turned-up. The March 1929 "A precious little thing
called love", by Ellis Stratakos and his Hotel Jung Orchestra, is one of
the great dance recordings of all time. It also gives us a rare chance
to hear a New Orleans "straight" dance band - and does it swing!

All the best,
Anton