[Dixielandjazz] Big Bands & Charts -- Goodman

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Thu Oct 18 17:50:28 PDT 2007

I remember Barbutti doing that bit on the Merv Griffin Show most likely in
the mid-to-late '60s when Griffin's show was on Westinghouse and shown
weekday afternoons in Chicago.  I thought I was the only one who remembered
it.  Very funny routine!  The bit also has the song done with a Marie-like
"ensemble" vocal from the band, behind solo singer who apparently didn't
make the gig.

Hal Vickery