[Dixielandjazz] Speaking about Jazz Myths . . .

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Thu Oct 18 16:24:47 PDT 2007

Steve;

To answer your question what Armstrong said was how he felt about those
early days in New Orleans. Remember, he grew up here and was only 16 when
Storyville was essentially closed. He knew the place better than any
outsider could. He had his cornet and a lot of personal freedom. My guess is
that he felt very much at home in this area.

Wouldn't you agree?

Stan
Stan Brager