[Dixielandjazz] BG Concert.

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 17 03:21:41 PDT 2007

    I have had a few enquiries re personnel for this concert.

Can`t help I am afraid. No programme issued for a one off so no listing.  The band was `Peter Longs All Star Goodman Orchestra with Joan Viskant` and means nothing to me.
Viskant was an  OK singer but lovely to behold. She could have just walked about a bit without singing at all as far as I was concerned. 40 years ago I would have been round the stage door.

Since September at this one theatre, withing 30 minutes of home we have had Pasadena Roof Orch., Humph. Lyttleton, and the BG Concert. Between now and Dec. 31st we have Spirit of the Dance, Magic of the Musical with Wayne Sleep, Handel Messiah by candlelight and New Years E ve Gala with Bath Philharmnia..

All at prices around a third of London prices. Aint we lucky?

This is of course in addition to band gigs around the pubs on a nightly basis.

Cheers

Pat