[Dixielandjazz] Candy Lips

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sat Oct 13 10:49:04 PDT 2007

A lot more attention needs to be given the place of stock charts in the
history of 20s-30s jazz. They reflected and codified the music styles of
the era, and proved to my satisfaction that jazz can be written and
arranged.

Their study is much easier today because the charts are increasingly
available, eg. from Jim Jones' YesterTunes.com

--Sheik