[Dixielandjazz] Candy Lips -take 2

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 13 00:28:45 PDT 2007

Dear friends,
The following was sent 4 hours ago and is still out there, somewhere.
Kind regards,
Bill.

From: Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sat Oct 13, 2007  1:36:19  PM Australia/Sydney
To: "Keith Garner" <ckg at talktalk.net>
Subject: Re: Candy Lips

Keith Garner asked:
> I wonder if anyone could please help me with a lead sheet for "Candy
> Lips". There may well be more than one tune with this name, the one
> I'm looking for dates
> probably from the twenties since it was recorded by Clarence Williams.

Dear Keith,
It is in DJMLer David W. Littlefield's 'Dixieland Fake Book - Vol. 2.
Trad'
"Candy Lips (I'm Stuck On You)" composed by Mike Jackson-Jack Lauria
was initially recorded by Eva Taylor with Clarence Williams' Blue Seven
for Okeh on 16 Nov 1926.
Then again for Columbia on 25 Jan 1927 by Clarence Williams' Jazz Kings.
However, the one we all know and love (here in Australia) is the
hottest version and was recorded for Okeh by Clarence Williams'
Washboard Four on 29 Jan 1927.
Kind regards,
Bill.