[Dixielandjazz] Band Marketing Idea

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 4 20:40:32 PDT 2007

Many of Barbone Streets gigs are in what is known as The Brandywine Valley,
Southeast PA and Northwest Delaware. A while ago, The Greater Brandywine
Cultural Alliance was formed with the following mission statement:

START SNIP  The Greater Brandywine Cultural Alliance builds a strong,
vibrant, diverse community by fostering appreciation, participation and
support of the arts and culture.

The Cultural Alliance unites artists and those who care about the arts and
culture, to determine common opportunities and issues, and to work
collectively on solutions. Special focus is in the areas of marketing,
outreach, advertising, communication, audience development, fundraising,
venue development, and the role of arts and culture in economic development.

The Cultural Alliance strengthens the community's awareness of the
importance of arts and culture and its contributions to the community and to
the economy; especially corporate leaders, government officials, audience
members and patrons. END SNIP

I joined, but preferred to remain anonymous not allowing them to list me,
until I could see if it was worth while. Meanwhile I attended several
networking sessions and conferences. Membership cost $50 a year, events were
free and held at Longwood Gardens and The Brandywine Museum.

Well worth it. I learned a few things and several gigs resulted.

If there are such organizations where other bands work, I suggest you look
into them with a view to joining. See below web site for info and watch the
moving pictures at the upper right. Even though they didn't list me, they do
exhibit our band logo as one of the attractions they sponsor.

I guess I are arts and kulture. <grin>

http://www.brandywineculture.org/

Cheers,
Steve Barbone