[Dixielandjazz] Videos from the Louis Armstrong Celebration Festival at Bracklesham Bay on Youtube

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 4 09:43:39 PDT 2007

Greetings Folks,
I've uploaded some new videos to my YouTube channel from our Bracklesham
Louis Armstrong Celebration Festival last month, which sold out!.

We had Morten Gunnar Larsen from Norway, Paolo Alderighi from Milan,
Herbert Christ from Frankfurt, David Blenkhorn from Australia as well as
our usual regulars.

The films are from the Jelly Roll Morton set
Black Bottom Stomp (called by Herbert and played without rehearsal or a
run through, so its not perfect)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=buU9QCOb27Q

Doctor Jazz
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wEf_bgnkx9k
both with Morten Gunnar Larsen

China Boy (From our Benny Goodman Trio set with Paolo and the brilliant
James Evans)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3f2Ze93StBs

and Swanee River by the Annie Hawkins / Dave Bailey New Orleans Quartet
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfuQVo5UIU

The sound is better than usual as I recorded the sessions on my 8 track
hard disc recorder and dubbed the mixed stereo onto the video.
Performances are not perfect but then jazz is not a perfect art.

The line-up is similar to our William Shakespeare Festival coming up in
Stratford upon Avon in November.

Keep swinging
--
John Petters