[Dixielandjazz] Ken Burns "The War"

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Oct 3 15:57:07 PDT 2007

It seems to me that there is a broad spectrum of people on this list,
and that is a good thing. In the 30 years or so that I have been
playing OKOM, live as a performer, or "on the radio" I have met many
musicians and listener/dancers who focus on "just the music, nothing
but the music;" and others that also are interested in the history,
the culture, the "whole milieu" (even to the extreme point of really
living the Jazz Age life - clothing, cars, food, housing, books, etc.
as much as possible! or at least what they think the Jazz Age Life
was ;-)

Since the Swing Dance era and WW2 pretty much coincided, the Ken
Burns film is going to be of interest to many of us who think Swing
is part of the OKOM world...

For you "just the music, nothing but the music" folks - the delete
button is useful!

Dave Richoux

(my spell checker just went south, so please forgive any typos.)