[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in Schools

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 2 09:40:02 PDT 2007

Gluetje1 at aol.com wrote

> I am just now beginning to catch on to how much music education for youth  is
> now being sought after, implemented, provided, by parents who are home
> schooling.  I wonder.  I wonder.

Not only that Ginny, but look at how much jazz education is being offered by
outside sources to the young people in secondary schools these days. All
over the USA. The two Lincoln Center sites show a plethora of jazz education
being offered to schools. The others are a few examples of more local
programs. Check out the top site for an effort in your part of the world.

Just a few examples of what can be done if we have the will to do it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

http://www.westendword.com/moxie/ae/music/jazz-at-the-bistro-become.shtml

http://www.music.ucla.edu/Outreach/index.html