[Dixielandjazz] San Francisco restaurant facade

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 1 17:10:25 PDT 2007

Jim Rothermel wrote:
> The muralist is Bill Weber - his website is billwebermuralist.com - he
> can be contacted at bill at billwebermuralist.com.
> I thought it might be Teddy Wilson, but after looking at the photos on
> his website my guess would be Art Tatum. I'll be interested to see who
> the piano player turns out to be!

Dear Jim and Bob,
Thank you for the prompt replies.
The pics on Mr Weber's site are a lot clearer than the one I was shown
last Sunday at our band job.
I too am inclined to agree that it is Teddy Wilson, but the baldness
threw me.
Dare I suggest that Mr Wilson wore a good quality 'rug' in his later
years?
However a close scrutiny of the web-page photographs raises more
questions.
The images in the left side photograph are the same as the one I saw
(which was taken about a week ago).
With Gene Krupa above the pianist's head.
However in the two web-page photographs centre and on the right there
is a bass player instead of Krupa.
The awing of the building differs slightly in each photograph,
suggesting building changes at some stage.
Perhaps I should write to Mr Weber as you suggest.
Kind regards,
Bill. (Sydney, Australia).