[Dixielandjazz] Bill's eight Bars

Kent Murdick kmurdick at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Fri Nov 30 06:24:32 PST 2007

For those of you who are crazy enough to be following my theory  of Bill
Bailey's last eight bars- it is my opinion that this chord progression
defines the era, so to speak. I just realized that that "Darktown
Strutters Ball" and "All of  Me" use a slsight variation on these eight
bars.    Louisiana which I play as  IV, IVm, I, VI7, V7, V7, I, I. could
be played as IV, IVm, I, VI7, IIm7, V7, I, I. (which might even be the
correct chords becasue it sounds so good).  The 2nd set of chords is a
standard variation on Bill Bailey's last eight.   I