[Dixielandjazz] ASCAP, BMI, etc.

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 11:53:58 PST 2007

I keep wondering if the idea of eternal ownership has long since served
whatever purpose it might have originally had.  I would propose instead  that
everything just be sold outright once, period, end of "ownership",  copyrights,
patents even.  And I propose this as someone who has both  gotten royalties on
written publications and been ripped off by someone  else copywriting what they
got from me in print with my name on it.  With  "my plan" at least people
would be earning their living on their own ideas and  output rather than someone
elses.

Until I get a better take on why "rights ad infinitum" are a good thing,  I'm
against it period.  But then I'm also against non-profit tax status for  any
institution.

The greedy always find a way and the longer we perpetuate old structures  the
more ways they find.
Ginny