[Dixielandjazz] San Diego Thanksgiving Jazz Fest.

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 15:25:55 PST 2007

Returned today from the 28th San Diego Thanksgiving  Jazz Festival and as
always it was a hit and a great time. I have attended  every festival there but
one when I was ill. The bands where super as  always but most of all, Kudos'
and Bravo to the organizers who understand, more  than any other festival I have
attended in the last years, that the age of the  audience is getting older
and that more are using wheels to get around and, that  most don't like be put
in the back of the room just because they use  wheelchairs, scooters or walkers
to move from one place to  another.

This festival not only doesn't put the Wheelchair  section in the back, in
many places they were right up front. The first row up  front and I, for one,
loved it. I seldom sit in the "special" wheelchair  sections because, at some
festivals, they are put way in the back of any venue.  Of course this is against
ADA Law as any place that holds over 300 seats must  have "dispersed" seating
and not be delegated to the rear of a venue or have  them centered or put in
front as these Festival does. The Costa Mesa Festival is  the worst for doing
this.

Again, thanks to the organizers of the San Diego Fest.  for understanding
that the audience for OKOM is getting older and more and more  are needed to use
chairs and such in order to attend and for not delegating  us to the back of
the room.

Jazz Hugs

Judie