[Dixielandjazz] jerry fuller

jack wiard jack_wiard at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 23 02:39:55 PST 2007

Listmates........i notice a jerry fuller thread...he has always been one of my top 5-6  favorite clarinetists to listen to over the years...while in high school, i tried to play along with him in many of his dukes of dixieland recordings. i got a big thrill when they came to san francisco to do a 3 night engagement at earthquake mcgoons [around 1966-67]....i met jerry on one of these nights and invited him to come to a gig on the next evening..he showed up and stayed for several hours. during one of the sets, i quoted one of his recorded solos note for note,which he obviously recognized because he gave me a big smile and wagged his finger at me.... i explained to him afterwards that imitation is a form of flattery....he has had a great career and given a good deal of listening pleasure to many people........jack wiard ....  australia
What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT