[Dixielandjazz] Jerry Fuller

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Tue Nov 20 11:46:51 PST 2007

Jerry  was from Santa Maria, CA. He studied clarinent with Matty Matlock
at the same time I studied  arranging with Matty, and we would meet
there on Simpson St. in N. Hollywood between our study periods.
Jerry kept the wolf from the door between gigs as a barber. He moved to
New England after time in CA and with Tee and others. A superior player
with wonderful ideas.
Lura Matlock once called Jerry and I  "Matty's Boys," when we were there
on lesson days, and no more wonderful moniker could one ever have.
Jerry, at last word, still plays and as well as ever. Bu then I admit I
am terribly out of the loop in recent years, so I hope others have
updated information..
As to your being "blown away," with Jerry's  playing, that happened
often ro many who listened.
Don Ingle