[Dixielandjazz] Jack Teagarden

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Nov 19 16:00:13 PST 2007

 Bill Haesler wrote:

 > Steve Barbone wrote [snipped]:
>> Here's a story or three about Jack Teagarden. From Barney Bigard's
>> Autobiography.
>
> Dear Steve,
> A great book and a great read.
> Perhaps we should provide the details.
> 'With Louis and the Duke - The autobiography of a jazz clarinetist' by
> Barney Bigard.
> Edited by Barry Martyn. (1985. The Macmillan Press Ltd.)
(snip)

 Yes, Thanks Steve for that interesting post.

I knew Barney quite well.

I look back on some of those Jazz greats that I knew and wish that I had
pumped their mind for all of their memories.

I remember many long conversations with Dick Cary.  he had practically total
recall.  He could tell amazing stories.

--Bob Ringwald