[Dixielandjazz] Fake Book Project

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Nov 18 14:04:51 PST 2007

I would be willing to help.  I have been thinking about starting one for
myself.

It's a drag when you work with singers.  Nothing ever seems to fit.
Personally I have a limited range and have several keys that work well for
me.  I also need Bass Clef too and not many fake books have a B.C. book.
BIAB can do B.C.  It's not hard but you have to go through several steps to
do it.

I would prefer Sibelius.  I have filled the gap with BIAB but would really
like to have a FB with at least the top 100 or so tunes.

I also have Finale but don't care for it much especially when you start
putting in chord symbols or trying to put in slashes for improv.

When do you want to start?  Do you already have some tunes in Sibelius?
Give me a list so we don't duplicate.
Larry
St.Louis