[Dixielandjazz] Conical bores (was: Bechet's sarrusophone)

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sat Nov 17 07:25:28 PST 2007

James O'Briant wrote

> A friend who is an oboe and flute player tells me that the piccolo is
> conical, but in reverse -- larger at the tone hole end and smaller at the
> open end of the
> instrument.

That's interesting because the recorder is the same. The bore diameter of my
tenor recorder measures 22mm near (well, as near as I can measure it) the
mouthpiece and 17mm at the bell.

There must be a whole volume of audio explanations for this, as the tenor
recorder is almost as long as clarinets and flutes.

When I've finished all my PC jobs I'll have a go at googling for this
information.

Cheers

Bob Smith

--
Jeg bruker gratisversjonen av SPAMfighter for privatbrukere.
 Den har fjernet 543 søppelpostmeldinger til nå.