[Dixielandjazz] Bechet's sarrusophone

Paul Edgerton paul.edgerton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:47:11 PST 2007

I never would have guessed so many people cared about the subject of
woodwind bores.

But since we're on this bore-ing subject, it is true that piccolos are
made with both cylindrical and conical bores. The conical variety
tapering smaller as rather than larger as is typical of other
woodwinds and brasses. Since both are un-stopped (open) pipes, they
both produce a complete harmonic series.

-- Paul Edgerton, who *is* a woodwind bore