[Dixielandjazz] Sound-file formats for CD player (was: Recitals on the Move)

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 16 12:58:33 PST 2007

Brian (c: DJML)--
     When i burn CDs on my Mac, the sound-file format has the
extension of ".aif" (or ".aiff", for Audio Interchange File Format).
I had thought that ".wma" (Windows Media Audio) was the format for
IBM-type machines, so i'm puzzled why it won't work for you.  Maybe
it's just ".wav" that works.  I would presume that there are also
other formats that work.

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**             "O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
**                     -- St. Augustine (354-430)