[Dixielandjazz] Passport to Paradise

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 13 13:12:45 PST 2007

Andy Ling wrote [in part]:
> I recently heard a recording of the Bechet number Passport to Paradise
> and fancy having a go a playing it...............

Dear Andy,
Why?
A nothing tune in my opinion.
Just kidding. (Well a little bit.)
8>)
I 'd forgotten that I had it on two Bechet LPs (same version) until you
mentioned it.

> .........does anyone have anymore information about it.
Recorded for Vogue in Paris on 26 June 1956 by Bechet with Andre
Reweliotty & His Orchestra.
 From the film 'Coquin de boubou', in which Bechet and the Reweliotty
band appear.
It was big on radio in France at the time, although Bechet only
recorded it that once.
Buck Clayton also recorded it in Paris, in May 1961.
So did my Aussie mate Max Collie in 1977, then in London in 1978.
Kind regards,
Bill.