[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Photo's

Jeffmatthews111 at aol.com Jeffmatthews111 at aol.com
Mon Nov 12 02:21:17 PST 2007

Hello all,

I am putting a leaflet together for my band and am looking for nice jazz
photos, especially of New Orleans land marks. I can give credits to the the
photos if used. If they are in digital format that would be great or if you know
of a copyright free source, I would appreciate that too. Sorry my budget is
tight so professional prices for photos would not be possible this time  around.

Any tips for leaflet/brochure/publication material design would also be
appreciated by me - and perhaps others too.

How do you publicise your band? Word of mouth is extremely effective but  can
be slower. Have you come up with or seen ideas to boost this word of mouth
marketing? I.E: offering discounts or incentives if an audience  member brings
a friend to a gig next time, etc?

Has anyone seen a source of small swing band arrangements, Benny Goodman,
small groups stuff, etc, which can be incorporated into a Dixie band line up.
Head arrangements are fine.

Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Jeff Matthews