[Dixielandjazz] Anderson fake book. [was Shimmy Like my Sister Kate

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sun Nov 11 07:11:36 PST 2007

I renew my offer to send the database version of the index to Anderson's
fake sheet library to whomever requests it.

It's a useful reference tool even if you're not interested in obtaining
the leadsheets, because it has the following fields:
Tune title, Composer, Lyricist, Year, page number.

If Kevin had this database, he could have searched the title field:
"*sister kate*" [the two "*" are called "wildcards" and represent the
words before and after that phrase] and he would have gotten all the tunes
containing the phrase.

It's in standard .dbf format, can be imported into spreadsheets.

I have made one change to the title entries: whenever I find a tune that
doesn't have the verse, I add "[not verse]" after the title.

Feel free to ask me general questions about databases--I use Lotus
APPROACH, so I don't know anything about ACCESS or other programs...

--Sheik