[Dixielandjazz] The union question and weddings

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Wed Nov 7 11:10:06 PST 2007

Hi Larry,

I don't know how much modern music you get the chance to listen
to, but from what I've noticed the trend for the last 11 years
has been multi-genre music. There's pop artist right now that
I've been listen to called Beck that integrates elements of
jazz, rock, latin and rap, and various sequencer generated
sounds. He is able to create music that is surprisingly fluid,
melodic and danceable.

Anyway, my point is that this seems to be a trend that will
continue for awhile. Somewhat recently, the hip-hop group
Outkast did a version of "My Favorite Things" that was actually
quite popular.

Mike

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis wrote:
Another problem is that people listen to a wide variety of
styles and