[Dixielandjazz] Question About Unions

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Nov 6 11:09:25 PST 2007

It's the right to work laws and others that have been designed to break
union power.  I don't think in Missouri you can have a closed shop.

As a union member the union can no longer make me hire only union musicians.
The truth is I would be out of business if I had to do that.  Virtually all
the OKOM musicians are non union here.  I work for one band that the leader
likes for the musicians to be Union but he will hire non union guys if he
needs one.
Larry
St. Louis