[Dixielandjazz] Prima's Drummers

J. D. Bryce brycejo at comcast.net
Tue Nov 6 08:35:42 PST 2007

Interesting list of Prima's drummers.  Godfrey Hirsh played vibes with Pete
Fountain for years.  He's on most of Fountain's small group albums
throughout the 1960's.  Fountain used a "West Coast" rhythm section composed
of Morty Cobb on bass, Jack Sperling on drums.  They used a pianist named
Koch, whose first name I think was Earl.  Hirsh fitted in nicely with this
group.

J. D. Bryce
One of the Sheik's minions