[Dixielandjazz] Louis Prima Shuffle & Drummers

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 12:20:08 PST 2007

When I was on the road in the early '70s, I remember reedman Glenn Blair
telling me about the Louis Prima shuffle, calling it the "_______  Shuffle".

He named it after a drummer, and the drummer was not Jimmy Vincent, and I
don't think it was Irv Kluger (although I could be wrong).

I believe the drummer was somebody Stover . . . maybe the Stover  shuffle?

Could someone help me with this thing that's been bugging me for several
years now. I never though to ask Bobby Roberts when I played with him.

Who am I thinking of . . . and who drummer that defined the Prima  shuffle?

Thanks in advance,
Bill
414-777-0100
cell 414-305-6955