[Dixielandjazz] Musician's Club

philwilking philwilking at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 5 01:31:49 PST 2007

As I wrote before: So, see point 1 above, and what practical way is there to
get around it?

I never said such a venture would be easy, only that it is worth trying. And
I have told people that I am willing to work at it, but I am not going to
put my IRA into it. Nor am I going to be Henny Penny who could get no one to
help plough, sew, till, reap, thresh, mill, and bake, but had no shortage of
would-be eaters.

That's why I said a cooperative. Everyone involved would have to put in
sweat equity (lots), AND knowledge and skill equity (also lots), and that
should somewhat reduce the seed cash requirement - reduce, not eliminate it.

So far, not one musician I have talked with about this is willing to try.
They all want to be hired employees of someone else's enterprise, and then
to complain about low wages without doing much of anything about that
either.

PHIL WILKING

Those who would exchange freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security.