[Dixielandjazz] Trombone Rag or I Am Pecan Pete

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Thu May 31 16:51:19 PDT 2007

Trombone Rag is actually a very simple trombone piece. In 3 of my youth
bands, the trombone players memorized it and stood in front of the band
performing it...
The Riverboat Rascals
The Hot "N" Tots
The Alley Cats
Now, "I Am Pecan Pete" is a different story! That's a Turk original too. The
late great Bill  Hannaford played it on one of our recordings, and Pat
Yankee heard Bill Hannaford play it live at The Dawn Club...about 1995...she
said Turk never played it as well as Hannaford...(he passed away in 1998
from bone cancer)
How many of you t-bone players know that piece?
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
1617 Lakeshore Dr.,
Lodi, Calif. 95242