[Dixielandjazz] RIP - Buddy Childers

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Wed May 30 18:56:49 PDT 2007

Thanks Mike and Stan - Gary Dammer noted Buddy's passing at the Memorial Day
concert Monday.  I'm sure he influenced Gary.  He had many fans here.   Kim
Park played the concert with us.  His dad was in the Kenton band and Kim
started with Stan's band at age 15.  Kim is still using his dad's alto.
Don't know if you have heard Kim play but he says his dad was better.
That's hard to imagine because I have never heard anyone play like Kim.
It's so much fun to be on the same stage as these guys.  When Kim plays it's
just like magic.
Larry
St. Louis