[Dixielandjazz] FW: Re. Sacramento Bee Article - Jonathan Russell &Youth Bands at Jubilee

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed May 30 12:08:23 PDT 2007

Brian wrote:
That's a superb video clip but surely someone should tune Jonathan's
instrument for him.

...which made me curious, so I had a listen. Agreed, Brian, on all points.
Did anyone notice the conversation between the trumpeter & clarinetist that
went on during the whole of Jonathan's solo & the trombonist's, also?
That's a real no-no.  My mother told me that after she came to see my band
play in high school, and I haven't forgotten!

Jim