[Dixielandjazz] "Hanky Panky"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 28 03:24:04 PDT 2007

Dear friends,
A local mate has asked me for details "about a tune used as a theme for
a radio program, 'Hanky Panky' played by Pete Fountain".
"Hanky Panky" was a big hit/$million seller in 1966 for Tommy James &
The Shondells, written by Jeff Barry and Ellie Greenwich (a
husband/wife team).
I've established that Pete recorded it in 1967 for Coral and suspected
that this was when he was with Lawrence Welk.
However, the Welk/Fountain 'partnership/ was from 1957 to 1959.
Too early.
Can any of youse old blokes (like me), with intact memories, recall
which radio show it was?
Kind regards,
Bill.