[Dixielandjazz] Listening & Warning was John Coltrane, Giant Steps, & AJB

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun May 27 14:49:13 PDT 2007

Well,
You try to do the same, except that you believe that, unlike me,  you
have the right to do so.
Despite what you've said, many people hate "modern jazz" (please note
the quotes); I have met people who said the hated jazz, and then it
turned out that they liked OKOM, even though some had not known it
until they came over and gave it a try.  I was the radio programme
with the Coltranes and Mileses of this word that caused them to hate
jazz (I would, too, if that was all I ever heard).
And speaking of warnings, to me it seems simple: if I see a rock
falling, I warn people who are unaware of it.  I have done the same
here.  And it certainly IS relevant when writing to people on a
DIXIELAND Jazz Mailing List.  i would not have written that to
boppers.
Cheers