[Dixielandjazz] Grand International Ragtime/Jasstime Festival

Rodgerdevore at aol.com Rodgerdevore at aol.com
Sun May 27 04:45:25 PDT 2007

We went to The Grand International Ragtime/Jasstime Festival in Alexandria
Bay yesterday (Pine Tree Point Resort) and the joint was jumpin'. They had more
in attendance there than they've ever had before. You could still make the
Gospel service this AM if you want. I've never heard it but all musicians get
together for that and I've heard there's nothing like it. The jam session with
everybody on Friday went 'til 2:30 AM - absolutely sensational.

I posted the cast on this site a few weeks ago. The Jambalaya and Ragweed
bands were hot. Le Dixieband from Montreal not as good but very entertaining. All
the piano players were wonderful.

Next one is sometime in October.

Roger De Vore