[Dixielandjazz] Coltrane & Lincoln?

David Dustin postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org
Tue May 22 18:41:04 PDT 2007

Marek wrote:

I'd warn anybody before they really click on Love Supreme!  I still
consider it a misfortune to have come within earshot of THAT!
And I don't care if some people admire Coltrane.
And another thing: I come from a Communist country, and know what
brainwashing is!  As regards Coltrane, I rather believe in what
President Lincoln had to say on the subject.
=======================
No argument here on your first point, Marek.  So OK, what DID President
Lincoln have to say on the subject of Coltrane?  (I know this is going to be
GOOD!)  And regarding communist brainwashing, it can be observed that some
of your OKOM friends come from a country that used to be a great republic,
where the elected leader didn¹t act in tyrannical disregard of the will of
the people.  I think right now Coltrane could get elected here, dead or not.
Pose him with his horn, throw a little makeup on him...so what if he¹s no
longer a public speaker? Neither is the incumbent, and he went to Yale.
Hell, Coltrane already has his own church: can a born-again political party
be far behind?

David Dustin