[Dixielandjazz] Sun Valley Oct

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue May 22 09:36:03 PDT 2007

 Judy Eames writes:

 Does anyone know anything about this festival apart from what's on the
website?

Tony and I are hoping to come over from England and stay there for about 10
days.  We know that we need too fly to Boise (15 hours in all!) We think
there's a shuttle bus from the airport.  We'd like to get accommodation
fairly centrally so we don't need the expense or renting a car while the
festival is on.  We might want to rent a car in the area for the days when
there's no festival.

Any advice will be welcome, I've tried emailing the address on the website
and also one that was given to me by Denny Farrell...

A lot of English people like travelling to the US festivals but really only
know about New Orleans Sacto and San Diego.  Now's a good time to entice us
over as (not wishing to rub it in) we get about $2 for £1 !

Jude

Jude,

It is a very nice festival with lots of good bands.  It is held in a huge
condo complex built for skiers.  No snow that time of year so they are
probably glad to get the festival.

You will need a car when the festival is over as there is nothing to do
right there.

You stay in the condos or rooms right there where the festival is held.

There is a small comuter flight from Boise to about 10 miles from Sun
Valley.  I'm sure you could get picked up there and taken to SV.

Don't know about a shuttle from Boise.

Contact Jeff or Carol, the festival directors at:

jcloehr at yahoo.com

I'm sure they can answer your questions.

If you need a snail mail address, I can give you one.

I have only played the festival 2 or 3 times.  I'm sure there are Listmates
who have been there more often and can tell you more about the festival.

Best,

--Bob Ringwald