[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 53, Issue 27/The not so authentic 20s music

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Tue May 15 14:55:15 PDT 2007

Jeanne,
You are absolutely correct. I know someone who performed a piano
single at Bill's Gay 90s for quite a number of years until his
passing. You describe exactly the kind of music they wanted from him.
When he met up with acquaintances outside of Bill's, they would ask
him where he was currently performing. He would joke, "Bill's Gay
90s. But don't come see me, you'd have to be gay or 90 to get in." He
was quite a character. So were his brothers; well, two of them, at
least.
Cheers,
John