[Dixielandjazz] Getting The Youth Into OKOM; How Do We Get It Done?

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Mon May 14 15:37:11 PDT 2007

   Lately there's been a lot of talk about why the youth of
today needs to be involved in OKOM. We've all agreed that it
needs to be done, what bands(or organizations) have a plan of
action to get this plan in motion? How do you personally feel
that this task should be accomplished and how would you go about
conquering the obstacles? At the local jazz club in my
city(Denver) I see the crowds aging and shrinking but really not
a whole lot of younger audience members with a real interest for
the music other than the youth bands.

Mike