[Dixielandjazz] Another Gangster Tune--Sorta

glen page gpage at dccnet.com
Sun May 13 18:47:13 PDT 2007

I'm amazed that I appear to be the only one on this list that knows about
Peetie Wheatstraw's " Gangster's Blues" recorded in NYC  Aug. 28th 1940.

I thought that this was an obvious choice and that others would cite it so I
ignored responding 'till now. In the blues realm there are a multitude of
titles that would qualify. One reason that I did not respond earlier was
that I thought that jazz tunes only were being sought , never the less many
people suggested tunes that were not connected strongly with jazz.

Cheers, Glen.