[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Band - The Stallion

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu May 10 18:45:44 PDT 2007

Almost forgot that Street Sense, winner of this year's Kentucky Derby is the
grandson of . . . DIXIELAND BAND.

Dixieland Band is the son of Northern Dancer, out of Mississippi Mud and now
has a live foal stud fee of $50,000. It will no doubt go up should Street
Sense continue to win big. He is currently one of the top producing
stallions in the USA, and stands at Lane's End Farm in Versailles, Kentucky
if anyone is interested in his kind of music.

Dixieland Band, was formerly owned by local horse people in my neck of the
woods. During that time, we played many a party for them at venues like the
Vicmead Hunt Club etc. As a stallion, Dixieland Band is one of the leading
sires in the world. He has so far, sired about 115 stakes winners with total
earnings of over $75,000,000 and has sired about 700 individual winners of
some 2,400 races.

And his children's children (e.g. Street Sense) are doing well also.

All this after retiring from his own racing career.

Maybe it is a good omen?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone